For many, payroll devours the highest volume of admin activity of any HR function. It is also error-prone (per the IRS, 33% of employers make mistakes). Tedious/repetitive + compliance/error exposure = RPA to the rescue!
Each payroll cycle, most organizations encounter significant manual headwind in trying to ensure mandatory timeliness and critical accuracy of the process. Robotic Process Automation (RPA) can eliminate this stress while improving quality and reducing overall payroll administrative costs.
Here are some examples of where software bots can be deployed in the Payroll area for rapid relief:
- Hours worked. Retrieving, validating, and aggregating time data.
- Data entry. Automated entry of timecard data.
- Accrual management. Managing and reporting PTO, leave, sick, etc.
- Integration with GL. Ensuring Payroll setup syncs with GL.
- Payroll posting. Automated recon & posting of payroll to GL.
- Mass updates. HRIS, payroll, and/or timekeeping systems.
- Reporting. Automation of Excel-based recon & regulatory reportsEmployee Self-Service. Combined with AI-enabled chatbots, answering recurring payroll questions via voice or text.
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) provides for the delegation of these tedious tasks to software robots, increasing efficiency, reducing stress, and empowering your payroll staff to focus more on the experience of your employees.
Contact us to learn more about how to accelerate the efficiency of your Payroll team; allowing them to focus more on what matters most.