“You can’t manage, what you don’t measure.” – Peter Drucker. “If you love life, don’t waste time…” – Bruce Lee. Do these quotes remind you of your monthly organizational scramble to manually aggregate KPI reporting data? If yes, RPA can help!
It was a fantastic annual strategic planning retreat with the Leadership Team. You determined your Strategic Objectives, created SMART Goals to support each Objective, and identified 5-7 Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to manage and monitor each Goal.
Now fast forward to your first monthly Business Planning meeting, where your new KPI dashboard will highlight the critical 25+ KPI metrics that support your Strategic Objectives and Goals. The good news is that most organizations have systems in place to track these metrics (ex. HRIS, GL, CRM, ERP, PM Software, etc.). The bad news is that the KPI data is usually siloed in these disparate systems. So, thus begins the organizational manual scramble required to retrieve, calculate, aggregate, validate and report organizational KPI metrics.
Rinse and repeat this cycle each month, and you consume untold wasted hours focusing on pulling data that is usually not 100% correct or timely; time that could be better spent on actual Goal execution.
Instead of manually scraping data and crunching numbers to support your recurring KPI reporting, you can easily deploy Robot Process Automation (RPA) to handle your KPI aggregation and reporting tasks for you. Specifically, you can rapidly deploy RPA bots to:
- Extract KPI data (hourly or daily) from any system (Word, Outlook, Excel, Google Sheets, Cloud-based, Legacy “green screen”, websites, etc.)
- Perform any required calculations on your extracted data
- Aggregate all organizational KPI data into your dashboard tool of choice (ex. Excel, Google Sheet, Power BI, Tableau, SQL database, etc.)
- Perform validity checks on the data retrieved and notify stakeholders via e-mail if there is a problem
- Retrieve and update related industry best-practice comparison metrics from the web typically used in KPI reports
- After all data loads are confirmed and validated, automatically create and deploy reports/dashboard links to stakeholders via e-mail or SMS
- Continually monitor metrics for out-of-compliance indicators and automatically send proactive alerts via e-mail to responsible stakeholders
While KPI’s and OKR’s are critical to the success of achieving your strategic objectives, they often have the unintentional side effect of creating extensive “busy work” capturing and managing the data. As you can see, RPA is a powerful tool that can be rapidly deployed to eliminate your KPI challenges – saving time, increasing quality, enhancing reporting, and, ultimately, improving the execution of your Goals.
Contact us to learn more about how to streamline your KPI reporting while accelerating the efficiency of your Leadership Team; allowing them to focus more on what matters most.